Monday, January 10, 2011

Sam and Tiffany (Stories from Shepherd's Field)

Sam was the first kid I picked to support from Shepherd's Field. I picked him because my grandad's name was Sam. Sam was adopted only a few months after I began supporting him. I was just a small part of his life for a very brief amount of time. But I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to play a role in his story. If I had a picture of Sam, I'd post it here, but he was mine before this computer was, which means, no picture of him. I wonder what he's up to now?




After Sam was adopted, they gave me Tiffany.  She was my second special needs orphan and I have to say, quite possibly my favorite. I don't know if favorite is the right word. Its just that even though I never met her, I somehow felt like I knew her personally. I prayed for Tiffany more than any of the others, so perhaps that's why i felt a deeper connection. Tiffany had an inoperable heart condition. I guess I knew from day one that Tiffany wasn't going to be mine for long. I prayed that she would find a home at Shepherd's field and that she would be happy, and experience the love and joy of God during her short life. No doubt she did. Tiffany met her Heavenly Father in November of 2009. How cool to be a part of a life when they get to meet the one who connected us in the first place.


If you want to support a kid from Shepherd's Field. You can visit their website at www.chinaorphans.org or you can contact me and I can give you information that you can hold in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment